A wrongful death lawsuit occurs when someone, be it a company, individual or other entity ends the life of a person through negligence or direct intent.
That is a very cold way of saying that someone you love died because of someone else. If you are facing this most tragic of circumstances here in San Diego, you need to know that there is a wrongful death lawyer on your side, ready to help you, to represent you, and who will fight for your rights and the justice of the memory of the loved one you lost. San Diego wrongful death lawyer Bryan R. Snyder understands your situation, and can help you today with the loss of your loved one. In this most tragic of circumstances, a wrongful death attorney is imperative.
How do Wrongful Deaths Occur
Wrongful deaths can occur in dozens of different scenarios. Some of the most common in San Diego include:
- Auto accidents. Careless drivers, poor road design, hazardous roadway conditions and defective parts can significantly contribute to a needless death, and legal action is sometimes appropriate to remedy the pain of loss.
- Dangerous products. People have to have a reasonable amount of trust that the products we use every day have been tested by their manufacturer to be a safe as possible, and failing that that they are warned about any potential dangers. If a company puts out a product they know to be dangerous and then fails to warn its customers about it, they can be held responsible.
- Defective products. If a company fails to adhere to manufacturing standards and best practices, or designs a product that has potentially fatal aspects, you can take them to court if they result in a wrongful death.
- Malicious intent. If someone kills someone you love on purpose, a civil action to collect monetary compensation based on your loss is a very important part of the healing process, both emotionally and financially.
- Negligence. Perhaps the simplest cause of wrongful death is the carelessness of someone else, be it because of medical malpractice, a dangerous accident, or just general lack of conscientiousness.
What can be done when Unjust Deaths Occur?
One way to deal with the pain of losing a loved one is to take legal action with a San Diego attorney against those responsible. In some cases you may be able to collect financial restitution for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of future earnings
- Funeral and medical costs
- Lost benefits or inheritance
- Punitive damages
Thinking about putting together a lawsuit In San Diego, wrongful death lawyer Bryan R. Snyder understands that this is a difficult time in your life, which is why he offers compassion as well as aggressive representation in fighting for the memory of your loved one.
Let Bryan R. Snyder Help you Today
If you are considering taking legal action in San Diego against someone that caused the death of a loved one, you need to understand that the statute of limitations gives you only two years in most cases to pursue your claim. While you are in an undoubtedly difficult situation, losing your chance for justice could already compound your misery.
Fill out the free initial contact form, and get San Diego wrongful death lawyer Bryan R. Snyder on your side today!